New to Medicare.
Sign up for Medicare Part A & Part B online through the Social Security website.
(at least a few months before your 65th birthday)
Original Medicare Part A & Part B is a health insurance program for people age 65 or older. People younger than 65 can qualify who have been on social security disability for at least two years and those who have permanent kidney failure. If you're over 65 (or turning 65 in the next 3 months) and not already getting benefits from Social Security, you need to sign up to get Medicare Part A (Hospital Insurance) and Part B (Medical Insurance). You won't get Medicare automatically To start an online application for Medicare enrollment for Part B & Part A. Click here to go to the Social Security website for the online application.
Do you Qualify To Enroll in a Medicare Advantage Plan(MAPD) in the Houston area, The Woodlands, & Tomball, TX. ? You need Part A and Part B Benefits. Medicare Advantage plans provide Part A benefits that include hospital stays, and professional home health care, along with Part B benefits that provide outpatient care, doctor’s visits and many other preventative health services. Alyssa Macaluso - Medicare & Health insurance independent agent
You can also call Social Security to ask questions or sign up for Medicare over the phone. 1-800-772-1213.
The intial Medicare enrollment period
for those turning age 65.
The sign up is during the 7-month period that:
1. Begins 3 months before the month you turn 65. 2. Includes the month of your birthday turning 65. 3. The 3 months after the month you turn 65
The Medicare Parts. A,B,C,D
Four primary types of Medicare coverage.
- Medicare Part A – is coverage that is referred to as the hospital insurance coverage Medicare. It covers services such as inpatient hospital stays, hospice care, nursing facility are and some types of home healthcare.
- Medicare Part B – is coverage that is known as the medical insurance coverage Medicare. This covers doctors’ services, medical supplies, outpatient care and preventive services.
- Medicare Part C - are Medicare Advantage plans (MAPD) offered by private companies that have contracted with Medicare to provide individuals with all of their Medicare Part A and Part B benefits. Types of organizations that cover Medicare Advantage plans include (PPO) preferred provider organizations, (PFFS)private fee-for-service plans and (HMO)health maintenance organizations.
- Medicare Part D – is a Prescription drug plan.
More about the Medicare Parts.
Medicare PART A- Hospital coverage. The deductible for each benefit period is $1,408 in 2021 Medicare Part B - Medical coverage including Physician visits. The annual deductible is $198 for 2021. Medicare Part C - Medicare Advantage Plans. Private insurance companies health plans that covers Medicare Part A and Medicare Part B benefits and often times more including dental and vision. Medicare Part D - Prescription drug coverage. MAPD are Medicare Advantage Plans with prescription drug coverage. Medicare Supplement Plans do not have Part D included. You must get a separate stand alone Prescription drug plan.
Find out more about
the differant Medicare Plans & Parts
(Click a Link button below.)
Staying Informed about Medicare Benefits and Coverage Options.
Learn the facts about the Medicare benefits and coverage options available to you from Alyssa Macaluso - Medicare & Health insurance Independent Agent. . Medicare health plans are standardized according to federal and state laws that also apply to residents of the Houston area, The Woodlands, &, Tomball, TX region. Regulated Medicare coverage options are essentially the same with any plan, yet rates, coverage and doctor network can vary depending on the carrier you choose. Simplify your time and effort with Alyssa Macaluso – Medicare & Health insurance independent agent serving the Houston area, including The Woodlands and Tomball, TX. We make your healthcare needs and concerns our top priority.
Send a "Request for Quote" text.
Click the moving red phone image on the side of the page. Fill out the pop up screen and the request will be text to my phone. The response time is quicker!